- How does this work?
- How much does this cost?
- Who are the member publishers of ChristianManuscriptSubmissions.com?
- How will I know how many times my proposal is viewed by publishers?
- Who will notify me if a publisher is interested in my proposal?
- How can I increase the chances of having my proposal published?
- What if I already have a completed manuscript?
- What are the chances of being published through this service?
- Can I show my proposal to others while it is on the CMS service?
- How do I know that my manuscript idea will not be stolen?
- How do I renew my proposal at the end of six-months?
- When does the six-month period begin?
- Will I be able to use or print out my proposal when I’m done?
- Who is AuthorTalk?
How does this work?
- Simply set up your personal account, process payment and prepare your book proposal following the guidelines on the “Create Your Proposal” page. Be assured that as you complete your proposal, you will be able to reference instructions for each section. You should work in small intervals and save as you go to ensure your personal computer does not time you out. Whenever desired, you may stop working, save and return to your proposal later for completion.
- Once your proposal is complete, click “Submit to Publishers”. Your work is immediately available in the
ChristianManuscriptSubmissions.com database for review by our member publishers.
- If a publisher is interested in publishing your proposal, they will contact you directly using the information that you provide in your personal account.
- Your manuscript proposal will remain in the database for six months from the time that you click the Submit button.
- If at the end of six months you have not received publisher contact, you will be reminded of the expiration date. Your personal account information and password will remain in the system for an additional year. This provides the option to re-enter your proposal with revisions or submit a new proposal idea.
- Will I be able to use or print out my proposal when I’m done?
- Who is Author Talk?
How much does this cost?
Who are the member publishers of ChristianManuscriptSubmissions.com?
How will I know how many times my proposal is viewed by publishers?
Though we do not track the number of hits on your proposal, we do track publisher visits and record that many review the database on a regular basis.
Who will notify me if a publisher is interested in my proposal?
If a publisher reads your proposal and is interested in receiving more information, they will contact you directly to discuss a contract. Please make sure that your contact information is current and provide both your phone number and email address for their convenience.
How can I increase the chances of having my proposal published?
Set yourself apart by making sure that your proposal is the best it can be. Have others read your manuscript and welcome critique. View our professional proposal critique option here. Take time to thoroughly answer each question on the proposal form; including in-depth review of your personal history and relevant areas of speaking/teaching/experiencing that makes you able to write as an expert on your topic. Attend a Writer’s Conference, seek acquisition of a Literary Agent, build your own ‘author brand’ and review the Resources link in the top menu of this site.
What if I already have a completed manuscript?
Although the ChristianManuscriptSubmissions.com service only allows for submission of a writing sample (or portion of your manuscript), the proposal format is specifically designed to provide the publisher with all they need to get a feel for the entirety of your work. By reading your proposal synopsis, topic, chapter titles and writing sample, the publisher sees a good portion of your effort. ChristianManuscriptSubmissions.com provides the opportunity to knock on the publishers’ door and present them with your book proposal.
What are the chances of being published through this service?
The publishing world can be a difficult world to enter. However, ChristianManuscriptSubmissions.com was designed at the request of our member publishers – to meet their need for an efficient review process for unsolicited manuscripts. Most of our publishers no longer review unsolicited manuscripts mailed to them due to their inability to devote staff time to adequately review the enormous amount of unsolicited manuscripts in print they receive each week. This service offers a win-win situation for new authors and publishers.
Can I show my proposal to others while it is on the CMS service?
Yes. You are welcome to share your proposal with others while it is present in the CMS database. The preparation of your proposal on the CMS site provides you with a good way to share this with an editor at a Writers Conference or with a literary agent. Consult the Resources page for conference opportunities and advice on contacting an agent.
How do I know that my manuscript idea will not be stolen?
How do I renew my proposal at the end of six-months?
At the end of six-months, you will be sent an email reminder of the expiration of your proposal. You may renew your proposal by choosing the renew option that will appear when you enter the system. You will be able to edit/update your proposal prior to submitting it again to the publishers. Your proposal will then shift back to the top (by new date) within the database of submitted proposals. Renewal cost is $98 for an additional six months.
When does the six-month period begin?
The six-month exposure period for your proposal begins when you choose the “Submit to Publishers” button at the bottom of your saved screen. You may enter the system multiple times before completing your proposal and choosing the “Submit to Publishers” button. Make sure to choose the “Save and Preview” button at the close of each work session.
Will I be able to use or print out my proposal when I’m done?
Yes! The completed proposal form can be printed or a print-to-pdf button used to provide you with a helpful, complete proposal document to share with a literary agent, a colleague or a publisher at a conference event.
Who is AuthorTalk?
AuthorTalk is the preferred partner with CMS to provide professional critique and edit of your CMS proposal if you choose the silver or gold rate options. Visit their website for more information about their expertise. Review our rate options page for more information about the services they offer CMS authors.